About Google Business
Posted by . On October 22, 2021 in Uncategorized
Google My Business is a free and easy-to-use tool for businesses and organizations to manage their online presence across Google, including Search and Maps. With your Google My Business account, you can see and connect with your customers, post updates to your Business Profile, and see how customers are engaging with your business on Google.So what is the purpose of this?
To increase visibility on Google, many businesses create a Google business listing (known officially as a Business Profile).
Creating a Business Profile is the same as adding a place to Google Maps-which is something that anyone (including a random stranger or an automated listing generator) can do. All that Google requires is the business name, location, and category. Once Google confirms it is not a duplicate, they will create the Business Profile for that location. The Business Profile is then open to consumers to leave reviews, add photos, ask questions, and even answer questions. What this means is, a Business Profile can exist on its own, apart from a Google My Business account. And whether you created your Business Profile or not, you can’t manage the information it displays or the reviews it collects.
That is where Google My Business comes in. By creating a Google My Business account, you can access, customize, manage, and enhance your Business Profile on Google.How does it help your business?
1. Stand out by sharing the latest and useful information: Customers search online to look for specific information like directions, opening hours, photos, offers and compare businesses. By sharing the latest information, photos, and offers you can use Google My Business to tell customers what makes your business special.
2. Engage with customers: Customers share stories, leave reviews, and reach out to small businesses right from their phones. Google My Business lets you join the conversation about your business. Respond to reviews, answer messages and questions, and get more calls from interested customers.
3. Set up a free mobile-optimized website in less than 10 minutes: With Google My Business, you can build a free website that looks great. The free website builder makes it easy to create and edit your site from your computer and phone.
4. Gain insights: You can use the Google My Business dashboard to gain key insights on your audience and local search performance. In the analytics tab of the platform, you can see the queries customers are using to find your Business Profile, whether they found you on Google Maps or Google Search, a breakdown of actions taken on your listing, and how your photos are performing compared to other profiles in your category. Note also that there are ways to track clicks from a Business Profile via UTM parameters and Google Analytics.
5. Perform local SEO: Just as Google has algorithms for ranking its ads and websites, it also has one for ranking Business Profiles. Through your Google My Business dashboard, you can incorporate keywords into your Business Profile and perform other optimizations to help it rank in local results.